Locking Your SpartanCard
- ❖ If your SpartanCard has been lost or stolen, lock it immediately using SpartanCard Online.
- ❖ Once you are logged in click the "Suspend Card" tab at the top.
- ❖ Click the “Suspend Card” button. Your card is now locked and your funds are protected from unauthorized access.
- ❖ If you find your card and wish to unlock it you must bring it, in person, to the SpartanCard Center for verification. You may not unlock your card over the phone or internet.
Replacing Your SpartanCard
- ❖ Replacement of a lost card is $20.
- ❖ Replacement of a damaged card is $5. To qualify for the $5 replacement charge, you must submit your most current, active card to the SpartanCard Center at the time of replacement.
- ♦ Distance Learners are not eligible for Damaged replacements. We can process the $20 via credit or debit over the phone.
- ❖ Retired/inactive cards cannot be reactivated and must be replaced.
Protecting Your SpartanCard
- ❖ Treat your card with care.
- ❖ Don’t put stickers on your card.
- ❖ Do not punch holes in your card.
- ❖ Don’t expose your card to water or extreme heat.
- ❖ Carry your SpartanCard in your wallet or in a protective card sleeve to keep the magnetic stripe from becoming damaged.
If you have lost or damaged your card, you may request a temporary card at the SpartanCard Center. Please note:
- ❖ A temporary card is not a permanent replacement for your ID card. Temporary cards are only active for a limited time and MUST BE RETURNED to the location from which they were issued.
- ❖ Temporary cards will contain your meal plan and fund accounts. They will not grant you access to University services that require a SpartanCard (ie. Rec Center, Student Health, etc.)
- ❖ Temporary cards may only be assigned to students who have had a SpartanCard issued.
- ❖ Temporary Cards which are damaged or not returned while assigned to a student will result in a $20 replacement charge.
- ❖ If you live in a residence hall and need access assistance during normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM), you should call or visit Housing and Residence Life in Ragsdale/Mendenhall hall at (336) 334-5636.
For access assistance after hours, please visit the Locked Out/Lost Keys? site for assistance. If you need a temporary SpartanCard and the SpartanCard Center is closed, the cashier’s window on the 3rd floor of the Walker Parking Deck can assign temporary cards after hours and over the weekend.* Lock Out and Temporary Cards must be returned to the location from which they were assigned.
* If the Walker Parking Deck attendant window is not open/available after 5:00 PM, please contact the following number to secure meal access: (336) 814-9099. This number is available Monday through Friday, until 7:00 PM. Weekends from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM, then again from 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM.