Meal plans are divided into two components at UNCG:
- ❖ Meals
Standard meal swipes can be used to enter Fountain View or for a “Spartan2Go meal” in Spartan Market. Premium meal swipes can be used after 4:00 PM in select retail locations. For details on eligible plans and participating locations, please visit Spartan Dining.
- ❖ Flex
Flex is a non-refundable stored value account on your SpartanCard which allows you to eat at UNCG.
"Add a Plan" refers to adding Flex / Meals to your card without an existing plan, while "Change a Plan" refers to replacing your current plan (less any Flex/Meals you have used).
- ❖ Registration until the end of the first week of classes (Friday): Students are granted a single change to any eligible plan except "Flex Recharges." Please note that residential changes are opened based on when housing application data is uploaded to UNCG's main student information system. Residential students will be notified via email when the change period is open.
- ❖ Second week of classes through signup end*: No changes are allowed. "Flex Recharges" may be added to your student bill via Genie, or Flex may be added directly using SpartanCard Online.
- ❖ Registration until the end of the first week of classes (Friday): Students are granted a single change to any eligible plan except "Flex Recharge."
- ❖ Second week of classes through signup end*: No changes are allowed. You may sign up for a new plan until the thesis filing deadline. "Flex Recharges" may be added to your student bill if you have an existing meal plan via UNCGenie, or Flex may be added directly using SpartanCard Online.
* While the ability to add Flex typically ends two weeks before classes do, the official date changes slightly each semester. Contact the SpartanCard Center for further details.
|Plan||Meal Swipes||Flex $||Eligible Students (1)||Pre-Tax Meal Plan Cost||Meal Swipe Portion||Sales Tax on Meal Swipe Portion (6.75%)||Flex Portion (3)||Total Semester Charge with Sales Tax|
|Spartan Unlimited||Unlimited||$100.00||Any student||$1,813.00||$1,713.00||$115.63||$100.00||$1,928.63|
|Spiro’s 15||15/Week||$250.00||Any student||$1,794.00||$1,544.00||$104.22||$250.00||$1,898.22|
|Charlie’s 10||10/Week||$400.00||Soph, Jrs, Sen, Grads, Apartments, Commuters||$1,639.00||$1,239.00||$83.63||$400.00||$1,722.63|
|Gold Pack 117||117/Semester||$600.00||Soph, Jrs, Sen, Grads, Apartments, Commuters||$1,631.00||$1,031.00||$69.59||$600.00||$1,700.59|
|Blue Pack 65||65/Semester||$850.00||Jrs, Sen, Grads, Apartments, Commuters||$1,549.00||$699.00||$47.18||$850.00||$1,596.18|
|Flex Pack 1050||N/A||$1,050.00||Jrs, Sen, Grads, Apartments, Commuters||$1,050.00||$1,050.00||$1,050.00|
|Rawkin’ Pack 24||24/Semester||$200.00||Apartments, Commuters||$460.00||$260.00||$17.55||$200.00||$477.55|
|Flex Pack 750||N/A||$750.00||Apartments, Commuters||$750.00||$750.00||$750.00|
|Flex Pack 450||N/A||$450.00||Apartments, Commuters||$450.00||$450.00||$450.00|
|Flex Pack 150||N/A||$150.00||Apartments, Commuters||$150.00||$150.00||$150.00|
- 1 - All plans are available to Commuter Students. Eligibility for Residential Students is predetermined by the University and is based on a number of factors including: selected housing (the facilities contained therein), a minimum standard of living, and expected familiarity with campus life.
- 2 - Flex Recharges are available in $50 increments, up to $400, to students with an existing meal plan (see Schedule for Additions / Changes above).
- 3 - Flex purchases are taxed at the time they are used.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all Summer 2020 courses will be online only. As such, we will not offer any structured meal plans for Summer I or Summer II sessions. If students need to add Flex during these Sessions, they may do so via SpartanCard Online beginning Tuesday, May 12, 2020. Flex added before that time will be viewed as for the Spring and moved to Forever Flex. Please see the Dining Services website for hours and locations available during Summer 2020.
Note - Flex Recharges through UNCGenie are not available during Summer sessions.